MUNICIPAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Municipal Internship Program presents an opportunity for students to combine their academic studies with hands-on professional practice, by being involved in and even spearheading projects on topics such as: Teaching English or other language, teaching assistant, community education and outreach, environment and education, parks-recreation and activities - urban forestry, natural area stewardship, garbage and recycling, wildlife and animal care.
Interns receive training and support designed to provide the knowledge and experience required to become a future leader and professional in municipal government. Using a workplan designed by Onix-Intercambio Cultural and Córdoba Municipal Affairs, interns will undertake a variety of activities during the internship. Onix-Intercambio Cultural covers 100% of five (5) internships placement and administrative fees.
A Municipal Internship is a combination of:
- Practical experience
- Intercultural and real-life experience
- Mentoring and training in municipal government
- Learning and professional development
Onix-Intercambio Cultural is accepting applications for placement into the Municipal Internship Program.
Internship Start Date: July, 2022
Application Deadline: Rolling Admission
Through the Municipal Internship Program, students will be able to apply for full internships within one of the departments of Environment and Education of the City of Córdoba. Internships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students and all positions are unpaid.
Applicants should submit a resume that details their relevant work and educational experiences and cover letter stating their interests, qualifications and the internship for which they are applying.
1 - Age: +18
2 - University student or graduated - State or City employee.
3 - Minimum Commitment: 8 (eight) weeks
4 - Level of Spanish: intermediate +
5 - Correlation between your studies and/or work experience and the field of work you request for your Internship
6 - Profile: flexible, responsible and adaptable to other cultures, lifestyles and conceptions of work
7 - Commitment to the Municipality of Córdoba, its rules and tasks
8 - Respect start and end dates of the program according on your nationality and legal requirements of Argentina
9 - Accident, illness and third party liability insurance coverage
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Basic knowledge about local government in Argentina.
- Experience working with community groups or involvement with volunteer community organizations.
- A desire to influence public policy and community development through public service.
- Flexibility in terms of work hours and job requirements.
- Problem solving ability.
- Effective communicator.
- A motivated, self-directed learner who will take initiative.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
• Welcome package
• Intercultural workshop, including a welcome lunch/snack
• Escort of the Participant on his or her first day of work to the Municipality
• Internship placement
• Social & cultural activities
• Internship certificate
• 24 hours emergency phone
• Local mentor/Tutoring
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
• Flight tickets
• Personal expenses
• Accommodation or Spanish Course
• Medical insurance
• Public transportation
• Transfer service
Jardín Botánico Córdoba
SECRETARY OF ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
3) Biodiversity Park - Animal Care and Protective Services
4) Free University of the Environment, which trains young people in ecological policies and provides spaces for environmental care.
SECRETARY OF EDUCATION
The educational park provides access to information and knowledge, and creates a bridge between resources and participation of the community, issues that are positively perceived by the community of Córdoba. Education Park believes that success is when we can put a smile of achievement and accomplishment on our student's faces.
Each candidate must submit his/her:
- CV (Curriculum Vitae in your native language)
- Scholarships Motivation Letter